I don’t typically consider myself a “mom blogger” and this may be the only time I publicly admit to being a dummy or reading a book for dummies.
Don’t let the title fool you. This book isn’t just for moms or dummies. This book is for anyone who is thinking of starting a blog and would serve as a great review for anyone who currently has a blog (even those of you with millions of page views).
I find myself somewhere in the middle and had several “a-ha” moments.
Upon cracking the cover I fell in love…
“Mommy blogging is a genre – whereas mom blogging is any mom who blogs…Keep in mind that a vast majority of bloggers earn a living not directly from their blogs, but because of their blogs.“
Here are some of the highlights:
- Deciding if mom blogging is right for you (p. 12)
- Building your brand
- Building your online community (p.17)
- Selecting the right platform – glad that we feel similarly (p. 22)
- Understanding how privacy (or lack thereof) affects your family (p. 42)
- Profiting without selling out (p. 45)
- Creating a personal brand (p. 98)
- Networking with your online community (p. 108)
- Creating separation between sponsored and editorial content (p. 162)
- Legal regulations regarding giveaways and promotions (p. 172)
- Preserving honesty while being compensated (p. 178)
- Subscribe to the SNAP blog
- Follow SNAP on Twitter
- Tweet about this giveaway (mention @snapconf in your msg)
- Share information about this contest on Facebook