This week, I received a question regarding individual blog conference sponsorship:
I read through the SNAP! guidelines for individual sponsorship. I think I understand the guidelines, but what can I offer a company that’s not an official sponsor in exchange for sponsoring me individually?
It’s a great question and I thought I would share a few ideas on what bloggers might offer a company looking to provide them with individual sponsorship to a conference.
- Offer a media buy that includes advertising on your site before, during and after the event.
- Consider a package that includes sponsored post(s) on your site and include the sponsor in your event write-up.
- Host a giveaway featuring your sponsor on your site.
- Tweet about your sponsor during the conference. Be sure to add #sp to your tweets for disclosure.
- Offer to write a post or two for the sponsor’s blog.
- Include a little bit about your sponsor in your quick introductory elevator pitch.
- Utilize the backside of your business card for information about your sponsor.
- Consider a personalized case on some of your most used tools – your phone, iPad, laptop, etc.
- Wear a sponsor logo item at the event.
Keep in mind that most attendees do not have an individual sponsor. If you’re not successful in obtaining a sponsor, don’t feel bad. You’re in good company.