Aimée and Bettijo here from PagingSupermom.com with some exciting updates on the #ScotchSnappyDoors contest!
The SNAP countdown has officially begun, and we can’t wait to turn the Little America in Salt Lake into the SNAP sorority house.
The door contest is going to be BIG this year! How big? Up for grabs is a $400 gift card to Target. Also since we know you creative ladies are totally going to bring it, we’ve enlisted a little extra help with judging. The darling Elizabeth Kartchner of Dear Lizzy is going to be our special guest judge– she’s seriously the cutest and a self-proclaimed specialist in the art of cool doors. Check out her blog, and we know you’ll believe it.
If you haven’t already, with a $400 gift card on the line, it’s time to get planning. We’d love a peek into your preparations so please share photos on Instagram and tag #ScotchSnappyDoors and @PagingSupermom.
LITTLE AMERICA HOTEL DOORS: Of course to really get planning we knew it would be helpful to take a peek at the doors you’ll be decorating. We stopped in at the Little America so we could share this quick reference with you. Unfortunately there was no way for us to be 100-percent sure that every door in the hotel will conform to these measurements, so be sure your design is flexible enough that you can make any necessary adjustments. Still we figured this would give you a rough idea to get started. (Also, please excuse the poor-quality, iPhone photo. It turns out hotel hallways are not ideal photography locations.)
SNAPPY DOOR CONTEST RULES:
1. Since we have obtained permission from the hotel to decorate doors, only SNAP attendees staying at the Little America can participate in the contest.
2. Only a 3M Command or Scotch product designed for clean and damage-free removal can be adhered to the doors. Please only decorate the door and door frame itself — you may not adhere anything
to any walls.
3. Door designs must be completed by midnight on April 24, 2014.
4. We would love to see updates on Instagram as you are preparing your door, but be sure to post a photo of your finished door and tag @SnapConf, @PagingSupermom and #ScotchSnappyDoors.
5. Door decor must be removed Saturday morning.
Look for us during SNAP registration at the Door Contest table — we’ll be there with lots of goodies from 3M and to answer any questions, so drop by and say, “Hi!”